MediMerchant (Pty) Ltd trading as MediMerchant (“we” “us” or “our”) are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store, and use the following kinds of personal information:
1. information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation);
2. information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
3. information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us for Selling, or Buying;
4. information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications, and/or newsletters.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the webserver to identify and track the web browser.
Any of our services providers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, while some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Use of your personal information
1. administer the website;
2. improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
3. enable your use of the services available on the website;
4. send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
5. send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
6. send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
7. send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
8. send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
9. provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
10. deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers, or
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
1. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
3. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
4. to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling;
5. to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International data transfers
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration, a
user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is
used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. We may
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or
practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or
updated. You may do this us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
please write to us by email to email@example.com.